Friday, March 19, 2010

Fighter Verse Friday: Matthew 5:25-26

This is going to be my first attempt at a series. I go to Bethlehem Baptist Church and our Bible memory verses are called Fighter Verses. These will be the most frequent thoughts I have had on these verses as I memorized them. (I use the ESV for memorization.)

Matthew 5:25-26
25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

Matthew 5:25-26

What a Gospel warning! Who is your greatest accuser? Satan. Who is the greatest judge? Jesus. In light of the Gospel the terms are, Jesus paid it ALL! Eternity is how long it will take for me to pay for my wretchedness but Jesus came and paid my debt. May we rejoice in the glorious hope of the Gospel and live lives that would shine the light of King Jesus to a world that will have to pay unless they repent and believe that Jesus paid for them.

If you have a debt that will take eternity to pay please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment