Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What I Believe: 1. I'm in Need

My "What I Believe" series will inform readers of what I believe and help me to develop my theology. I will try to do things in order of importance. I also want things to be simple but not simplistic. May we grow in God's grace together.

I believe the most important thing to know is that I am in need. This is displayed in the most important fact: I am a sinner in need of a Savior. As I look at my heart I know there is something wrong. As I look at the world I know there is something more. As I look at the 10 Commandments I see my sin and my guilt before God. The truth is I have broken the 10 Commandments (yes, all of them) and I deserve to be punished. I am in great need. What can I do? The facts show I am guilty. My only hope is a Savior.

We all have this need. If you have questions the first place to go it here. Then leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment